Saturday, January 20, 2007
Friday, January 05, 2007
Importance of going Green and reducing fuel consumption has never been more important considering geo-political reasons and the sheer limitation of oil resources. These are some tips on how technology can be used:
- Shop Online - Avoid a car ride to bookstore. You get slick deals too!
- Pay your bills online
- Sign up for electronic statements instead of paper statements for credit card, bank, etc.
- Look for a book online in Google Books, Text Archive, etc.
- Get your TimeSelect or ePaper online subscription avoid buying real newspaper
- Avoid face-to-face meetings by using online conference tools like WebEx, Microsoft Live Communicator
- Use mapping tools to find most efficient route : MapQuest, Google Maps , Live Local
- Use Power off / Hibernate features of your OS. There are some many "choices" for this..
I believe technology is bringing significant impact in reducing fuel consumption. I believe with the spread of social awareness for conserving energy, we will see new and innovative patterns in generation/delivery/consumption of energy